Professional Teeth Whitening Options Bring Back The Confidence In Your Smile
When it comes to the epitome of dental satisfaction, a pearly-white smile has to be it. Unfortunately, many of us don't have the confidence in our grins to show off that beautiful look. But at the dental office of Ashley Harrison, DDS, you can find the results you've been hoping for for your mouth, as teeth whitening solutions abound with professional in-office procedures that accomplish a safe, effective way to perfect the grin you're in.
Dr. Harrison's in-office whitening procedure can actually whiten teeth between three to eight shades in as little as one hour, as this professionally-supervised method for treating stained, discolored, or simply not-white-enough teeth has lasting effects that are superior for both gum protection and tooth-root protection than over-the-counter whitening options.
Take a look below at the two primary ways Dr. Harrison can whiten your teeth using the most highly concentrated bleaching gels that aren't offered elsewhere.
- In-Office Whitening — During this procedure, your gums and tooth-root surfaces will have a protective barrier placed on top of them, while a dental retracting device is used to ensure that surrounding oral surfaces (your lips and the insides of your cheeks, for example) don't get in the way of your teeth during the treatment. A powerful hydrogen peroxide solution is applied to your enamel and is left there for an hour or so, whitening your teeth instantly for real results.
- Take-Home Whitening — Your dentist will first require a mold of your teeth to be created, before dental technicians create a pair of plastic mouth trays that are individually personalized for your two sets of teeth. Using whitening gels that deliver lasting results, you'll be in charge of filling your trays with the solution before placing them over your teeth for an hour each time once you get home.
Once you've had your teeth professionally whitened, you must remember to maintain your results by continuing to practice a healthy dental routine, which includes:
- brushing at least twice each day, though preferably after every meal
- flossing daily
- attending a routine schedule of professional cleanings
- staying away from foods and drinks that discolor your teeth, like:
- hard candies
- soy sauce
- red wine
- avoiding tobacco use
For more information on how you can get lasting results for a whitened smile right here in Chico, CA, give one of Dr. Harrison's dental associates a call today at (530) 894-5454!