Should I Consider Dentures?
Discover how dentures could give you a complete and beautiful smile again.
It’s amazing how many millions of Americans are suffering from tooth loss. Maybe you are one of them. But what if your Chico, CA dentist, Dr. Ashley Harrison, told you that this isn’t a problem you just have to put up with? That’s right! Dental prosthetics is one way countless people are getting their smiles back. Find out more about dentures and whether they are right for you.
Dentures are removable dental prosthetics that are designed to replace some or all of your missing teeth. If you’ve been looking for a way to replace your missing teeth, then dentures could be the treatment you’ve been looking for. Dentures can renew your appearance and improve the look of your smile. A denture will also make it easier to speak and chew than it ever was with missing teeth.
There are two types of dentures: full or partial. Partial dentures are recommended if a patient still has some natural teeth remaining while complete dentures are recommended for patients that don’t have any healthy teeth left.
Things to Consider Before Choosing Dentures
It’s important to know more about what it’s like to have dentures so you can decide if it’s right for you. Here are some factors to think about before you talk to your Chico cosmetic dentist Dr. Harrison about dentures:
- It may take a couple weeks to adjust to your new teeth. You may also notice some minor soreness while wearing them in the beginning until your mouth becomes accustomed to them.
- You will need to see us for follow-up visits to check the fit of your dentures and to perform any necessary adjustments so they fit more comfortably.
- Even though dentures are artificial restorations, you will still need to practice good oral hygiene. This means brushing your gums, tongue, and other soft tissue every morning before placing your dentures. You’ll also need to brush and clean your dentures each day using a soft-bristled toothbrush and a gentle cleanser.
- Dentures may slip around a bit while eating or speaking. Just like anything else, it will take some getting use to. Talk to us if you are having an issues or concerns about your new dentures.
- Dentures provide a fast, simple, painless and inexpensive way to replace all of your missing teeth. While they may not offer all the benefits that other treatments, like implants can, not everyone is a candidate for implants. Many people can be good candidates for dentures.
Have questions about dentures? Want to know if this is the right treatment option for you? Then it’s time you talked to your cosmetic dentist in Chico, CA. Call our office today to schedule an appointment.